You can use this form to submit one of your own original works of fiction (or just to send me a nice e-mail to say ‘hello’, if you’re that way inclined).
If you want to send in one of your own stories, be sure to include a story title and put the text of your story in box labelled ‘Your Message’. If I really, really, really like your story, I might just publish it here on Penstricken, including a short foreword written by myself, giving my thoughts on why it stood out for me. I will, of course, contact you in advance if I intend to do this. Please do not submit any stories which are not entirely your own work or that have been published anywhere in the world at any time.
Any genre or style of fiction is acceptable, however there are a few things to bear in mind:
- It is strongly advised that you keep your stories to less than 1,000 words, since that is the rough word limit used on every post on this website.
- It is my intention to keep this website as family friendly as possible. Therefore, any stories featuring strong language or graphic scenes of sex or violence will not be published.
- Make sure that the name you give me in the ‘Your Name’ box is the name which you want your story to be published under.
- All stories submitted must be entirely your own work and must not have been published online or in print anywhere else in the world at any time.
- I cannot send a personal reply to every story I receive. If, however, I decide to publish your story on the site, I will send you an e-mail to confirm this before it is published.
- I usually blog about fiction; I only post full stories every once in a while, so don’t be offended if I don’t publish your story. It doesn’t mean I hated it.
- Having said that, I reserve the right to choose to publish (or not to publish) your story on Penstricken for any reason or no reason at all. I will not entertain any requests to explain my choice.
- No other correspondence will be entered into.