It’s time I subjected you all to another one of my under-performing flash fictions I nevertheless believe in. I actually had quite high hopes for this one and submitted it to a couple of places in hopes of publication but no cigar as they say in Cuba. But that’s what blogs are for!
As ever, what follows here is entirely my own work and has not been published anywhere else in the world, whether on print or online, nor do I expect it to be. And so, without further ado, I give you…
by A. Ferguson
My family have a curse. One hour before death, we become omniscient. Foreknowledge, insight, everything. Can you imagine?
I’m at the office and it’s happening to me now. I’m only thirty-one.
I should phone Janice, but when I think how she badgered dad with questions at his Hour…
Stuff it. I’ll write her. Might as well use up the office stationary.
Saturday’s lotto numbers: 4, 7, 12, 22, 34, 36, 5.
I need to post this quick. I’ll be out of time soon.
‘Kate, family emergency.’ I call to my supervisor. ‘Can I pop off early?’
Looking for a gift for the author or fiction lover in your life?
Check out the Penstricken Zazzle store!
Unfortunately, I am unable to take on any more author interviews or solicited book reviews at this time.
You can check out our previous interviews here:
- Sharleen Nelson, author of The Time Tourists 
- D. Wallace Peach, author of the Shattered Sea duology 
- Jacob Klop, author of Crooked Souls
- H.L. Walsh, author of From Men and Angels 
- G.M. Nair, author of Duckett and Dyer: Dicks for Hire
- Georgia Springate, author of Beyond
- S.E. Morgan, author of From Waterloo to Water Street
- Megan Pighetti, author of Fairy-Tailed Wish 
- Nancet Marques, author of Chino and the Boy Scouts [VIDEO]